7 marketing tools & tips… When you don’t have a marketing team
Marketing is a powerful tool that can help you acquire new leads, increase awareness, and boost your revenue. Yet the challenge most mortgage brokers have is marketing effectively without a designated marketing team.
The good news is there are tools that are easy to implement, and that effective marketing doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, some of the best methods are affordable and easy to start. Here is a list of 7 things you can do to improve your marketing today.
- Emails: The Unsung Hero in your Marketing ArsenalKeeping your audience engaged is crucial. While they may not need your services today, they may need them down the road. Emails allow you to reach out to your audience in a very personal way. Best of all, many platforms track open rates and clicks for each email and contact – allowing you to track the results so you can learn what works best and who’s engaging with your content.There are many easy-to-use platforms to send emails to your clients, such as MailChimp. Most email platforms have a free or low-cost plan that you can sign up for, and they offer layout templates where you can quickly set-up well-designed emails.
- Social Media: The New Word of Mouth.Well, it’s no secret that social media has a prominent place in our daily lives and everyone, regardless of age, has at least one social media account. That makes it even more important to make sure your social media accounts are set-up properly and that you regularly post content your audience will find entertaining and useful.The effectiveness of social media comes from the ability to engage your customers in conversations and easily share expert advice with them to better position yourself as a knowledgeable source in the mortgage industry.
- Your Website is Your Digital StorefrontAt any given moment, current and potential clients are visiting your website to learn about what you offer and how it can benefit them. As a result, your website needs to be kept up-to-date, laid out nicely, and provide the information your audience is looking for – otherwise they’ll start to look elsewhere.Although getting your website to that point and keeping it there can seem daunting, that is no longer the case. Today there are easy-to-use website building platforms, like Squarespace and Wix, that allow you to make a professionally-looking website with little effort.
- Thoughtful Gestures Go a Long, Long Way.Great customer service continues after the sale is made. Previous clients of yours are the best ambassadors for your brand. Companies who succeed in this category remind their clients past and present how much they appreciate their business.This can be done in a variety of inexpensive ways such as sending out birthday or holiday cards or delivering holiday treats. This makes you stand out from the rest
- Get Your Name Out There.Sometimes the best form of marketing is showing your appreciation to your customers and community. This can be done by sharing useful content with them through email and social media. You can also sponsor events in your local area and even hold events of your own, such as a BBQ.The results are stronger relationships with your current clients and a great way to meet new prospects by introducing them to your business and how you can make a difference in their lives.
- Broker Launchpad Can be Your Secret WeaponReady-to-use, professionally-created content that you can use to promote yourself can be hard to find. So be sure to check out the Broker Launchpad. You will have access to: banner ads, social posts, editable promotion material, email copy, and more – allowing you to effectively promote your business.While there are seemingly endless ways to promote your business today. The 7 Marketing Tools & Tips listed above give you a great starting point to strengthen your current relationships and create new ones.Be sure to continue to follow this blog to learn more tips and methods you can use to help drive your business forward.